Deere & Ault Consultants, Inc. staff has provided on-going water resources consulting services to the City of Aurora since 1985. Aurora provides water to approximately 307,000 people within the City limits.
Services have included water resources planning and extensive water rights analyses and litigation support. Litigation support has included responses to interrogatories, document production, negotiations with opposing parties, assisting attorneys with trial strategy, review of proposed decrees, review of opposing parties documents and evidence, expert witness deposition testimony, expert witness trial testimony, and assistance at decree conferences.
City of Aurora Municipal Building, various storage facilities,and an Aurora owned South Park Ranch.
Deere & Ault has provided water rights consulting to Aurora for its applications for new junior water rights filings, change of use of water rights, diligence proceedings, quantification of lawn irrigation return flows (LIRFs), and as an objector in protecting the City’s interests from injury from other water users’ water rights applications.
Specific cases in which Deere & Ault staff has provided Aurora with litigation support include:
- Aurora’s Prairie Waters Project (PWP) new water rights filings in Case Nos. 03CW414 and 03CW415, and the PWP augmentation plan for alluvial well pumping, including new storage rights and river exchanges in Case No. 06CW104.
- Quantification of Aurora’s reusable LIRFs to support the City’s filing of LIRF credits in Case No. 02CW341 and engineering to support Aurora’s use of LIRF credits in its augmentation plan for irrigation of parks and golf courses in Case No. 06CW257.
- The City of Aurora’s change of use of over 21 percent of the Brighton Ditch Company shares in Case No. 07CW037.
- Diligence proceedings with the City of Aurora’s storage water right for Columbine Reservoir.
- An objector to FRICO’s various water rights applications in Case Nos. 02CW105, 02CW396, 03CW085, 03CW218, 03CW442, 04W085, 04CW356, 04CW362, and 04CW365.
- An objector to Public Service Company of Colorado’s water rights filings in Case No. 02CW116.
Client: City of Aurora, Colorado