Idaho Falls Power owns and operates four hydroelectric dams on the main stem of the Snake River in eastern Idaho. Deere & Ault Consultants, Inc. serves as the Engineers-of-Record for all projects, including the Upper Development Dam, City Dam, Lower Development Dam, and the Gem State Dam.
Since 2008, Deere & Ault staff has performed a variety design, investigation and regulatory compliance projects on the dams, including:
- Dam Break and Inundation, Analysis and Mapping for seven miles of the Snake River.
- Seepage Design and Repair of the Forebay Abutment at the City Dam.
- Seismic Analysis of the Gem State Dam Spillway.
- Liquefaction Analysis of the Right Bank Embankment at Gem State Dam.
- Geotechnical Exploration of the Sink Hole downstream of Gem State Dam.
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Potential Failure Mode Analysis at Gem State Dam.
- Preparation of the Dam Safety and Surveillance Monitoring Plan for Gem State Dam.
- Preparation of Spill Prevention Containment Plans for 12 electrical substations.
Client: Idaho Falls Power