Test pit work for soil investigation at Stagecoach Reservoir.
The mine will be reclaimed as a water storage reservoir when mining is complete. The reservoir liner was designed as a soil-bentonite slurry wall approximately 7,000 feet long.
Soil-bentonite slurry wall being excavated with a long-stick trackhoe.
Engineering services provided include:
- Geotechnical investigation with soil and bedrock sampling and testing.
- Field permeability testing of the bedrock.
- Borrow investigation studies.
- Slope stability and seepage analysis.
- Development of construction drawings.
- Development of technical specifications.
- Construction related engineering services.
Client: Lafarge West, Inc.